Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice!

Our precious little blessing is a girl!
Estimated arrival: April 8th
She's almost a pound at 13 ounces & very healthy at 5 months 3 days.
Wives tales that predicted a girl:
  • Had lots of morning sickness (still having some!)
  • Sleeping in bed with pillow to the south (that's the way our bed faces)
  • Feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy (colder feet = boy)
  • Refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread (never did that anyway)
  • Nose is the same size now as always (boys make mama-noses big)
  • Want orange juice daily
  • When people asked to see my hand, I showed my palm
  • Maternal grandmother does not have grey hair (dyed or natural)
  • Not having headaches
  • Necklace over the stomach went in circles not back and forth
  • The "popular" vote was girl, around 20 girl votes to 5 boy votes

Wives tales that were "true" for me that predicted a boy, but we're having a girl

  • Hair on legs is growing faster than usual
  • Dad-to-be is gaining weight (Ha! He gained 5 unnoticeable pounds that he already lost!)
  • Urine is a bright neon color (guess I need more water)
  • Have a craving for salty or sour foods (still craving these things)
  • Been craving cheese (Usually, not a cheese fan)
  • Used the handle to grab a mug instead of the body
  • Folks are saying mom-to-be looks good (Sisterlocks photo below is at 14 weeks pregnant)
  • Sum of the mother's age at conception and number of the month of conception is even

Shows what good those "wives tales" are!!

We'll keep our trust in the Lord (smile)!

10 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh....a baby girl :) Babies are truly a blessing from God. I know she is going to be beautiful and precious. I will continue praying for a pleasant and successful pregnancy and delivery.

Blessings upon you!
Abena

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger still waters said...

Congratulations

I will join Abena in praying that the Lord continue to be with you and your husband at this special time

one love still

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Happiest Nappy said...

Ohhhhh. This brought tears to my eyes! God bless your family. You are in store for many happy days! AND, your SLs are pretty!

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Creyole said...

Congradulations!! Motherhood is one of the greatest gifts from God!!!

Just wanted to make you aware of my recent blog change. Also, if you have my blog linked to yours can you please change my link to the following.

Name "Creyole" instead of LaChanda and
New blog site is http://creyole.blogspot.com
New Email Address: creyole@gmail.com

I know it's asking a bit much but please understand it was a must!

Peace!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Creyole said...

BTW, will she have Sisterlocks???

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jeri said...

Thank you sisters for all of your kind comments and prayers. I'm so honored that you stopped by our blog.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger brunsli said...

Congratulations nd best wishes for a happy, healthy baby!

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jeri,
Great blog, and congratulations!

My baby girl is eight weeks old and she has truly been a blessing from Allah.

I wish your family every happiness and pray that you get the birth you want and a healthy baby girl.

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger BlaqKofi said...

Jeri, just catching up on some of my blog reading. Congrats on your upcoming baby girl. I'm very happy for you and hubby. Many blessings this coming year.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Jenn Jenn said...

Why that's just wonderful... Our (my hubby and I) wedding anniversary is on the 8th of April.. We are going to celebrating a year... :)

Congrats !!! I will continue to pray for the lil mama... and you and your husband as well....

Jennifer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home